The Blues are alive and well in Singapore!! Although this tiny island may be thousands of miles away from Chicago and the Delta, the music has definitely taken hold here!! Both local and international artists have created a "blues scene" rivaling what you may find in any Western metropolis. You will be surprised to hear just how well the blues have been interpreted by some of Singapore's local artists - Muddy Waters would be proud!! Enjoy the blues - Singapore style!!
** ATTENTION JAZZ LOVERS **
The sister CD, "Jazz in ... Singapore" (2002, Kingsworld Management), is a first-ever compilation of jazz songs songs from local and international jazz artists performing in Singapore. This CD features Jacintha, Jeremy Monteiro, Clinton Carnegie, Marina Xavier, Rick Smith and many many more great jazz players! 17 tracks! This CD hit #9 on the Jazz Charts at HMV Singapore!
"Jazz in Singapore", at:
Check out the artist's website:
1. Up the Line - Al & the Coholics
2. Caldonia - Curtis King Band
3. Walkin' Blues - New Vintage Blues Band
4. Mean Man Blues - Jeanne French
5. Southside of the Blues - O'donel Od Levy
6. Cruising - John Chee
7. Hoochie Coochie Man - Al & the Coholics
8. Messin' With the Kid - Curtis King Band
9. Sweet Home Chicago - New Vintage Blues Band
10. Baby What You Want Me to Do - Jeanne French
11. New Love - O'donel Od Levy