Upon graduation in 1993 from the St. Albans School, he received the Music Award, and subsequently enrolled in the Oberlin Conservatory to pursue classical guitar. In 1995 he spent six months in Buenos Aires studying tango with Anibal Arias, and a year later began working with the Argentinean folk group La Huella, in San Francisco, California, and teaching and performing in La PeÃ±a del Sur cultural center.
Adam is a Winning Finalist of the Artists International 2001 Annual Auditions, and will be performing a New York Debut recital at Carnegie Hall (Weill Recital Hall) in May 2002. For the last three years he has studied classical and flamenco guitar with Dennis Koster at the American Institute of Guitar (New York), where he now teaches Latin American Music. He has travelled extensively in Latin America, and recently participated in the Fiesta la Guantanamera festival in GuantÃ¡namo, Cuba, where his composition "Papo" made the second round of the ChangÃ¼Ã competetion.
Currently based in New York, Adam has performed several recitals of classical music in venues such as St. Bartholomew's Church, and recorded his first solo CD in 1999. He performs locally with the Latin American groups Los Jardineros, Los Afortunados, and the Eduardo Parra Group, and completed his first solo tour in Argentina in July 2001. Adam holds a Bachelor of Arts in Music and Latin American literature from New York University.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Prelude No. 2 -- Heitor Villa-Lobos
2. Aire de Milonga -- Eduardo FalÃº
3. Gallo Ciego (tango) -- AgustÃn Bardi
4. Intermezzo Opus 117, No. 2 -- Johannes Brahms
5. Preludio -- Johann Sebastian Bach
6. Sarabanda --Johann Sebastian Bach
7. Gigue--Johann Sebastian Bach
8. Sevilla -- Isaac AlbÃ©niz
9. Mimi pinzÃ³n (tango) -- A. Roggero
10. Flores negras (tango) -- Julio de Caro
11. Song for Eleggua (solo) -- trad.
12. Granadinas in the style of Sabicas & Escudero -- trad. flamenco
13. I Thought About You -- Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer
14. Contigo en la distancia (bolero) -- Cesar Portillo de la Luz
15. Song for Eleggua (son) -- trad.
16. Entre a mi pago sin golpear (chacarera) -- Pablo R. Trullenque,
17. Cordoba de antaÃ±o (vals) -- Ricardo Arrieta