Specializing in early 20th century repertoire, she also plays the music of the masters with insight and passion.
Allison Lovejoy has performed internationally as a soloist and chamber musician, appearing with the San Francisco Sinfionetta, the San Francisco Concerto Orchestra, and the Orchestra of the International Festival of Music in Nicaragua. Her concert lectures have received rave reviews, and she has been guest speaker and performer at the San Francisco Symphony all-Gershwin concert at the Stern Grove Festival.
A prizewinner in the San Jose Young Artist and the San Francisco Concerto Orchestra Competitions, she has also participated in the Holland International Music Sessions for Young Artists. She has studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London, the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and the University of the Pacific.
Her teachers include Daniell Revenaugh, Gyorgy Sandor, Robert Helps, Mack McCray, Nathan Schwarz, and Frank Wiens.
In additional to giving master classes and teaching at the Academy of Art University, she also collaborates with other artists in varied styles of music. She performed her original music in the film "The Waves", which was screened at Cannes Film Festival 2004.
Miss Lovejoy has also toured with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, as well as performing her own compositions for voice and piano.
She is currently recording a new album of solo piano Nocturnes, as well as one of all original music, both of which will soon be available here on CDBaby.
Check out the artist's website:
1. HAYDN: Sonata No. 34 in E minor 1. Presto
2. HAYDN: Sonata No. 34 in E minor 2. Adagio
3. HAYDN: Sonata No. 34 in E minor 3. Molto Vivace
4. RAVEL: Jeux d'eau
5. BARTOK: Scherzo
6. CHOPIN: Etude in E major, Op.10 no. 3
7. CHOPIN: Etude in C sharp minor, Op. 10 no.4
8. CHOPIN: Ballade in F major, Op. 38
9. DEBUSSY: Lisle Joyeuse
10. RACHMANINOV: Prelude in F minor. Op. 32 no. 6
11. RACHMANINOV: Prelude in G major, Op. 32 no.5
12. RACHMANINOV: Prelude in B-flat major, Op. 23 no.2