(Solo Piano & Vocal) (NKJV)
Dear Friends, I pray this recording blesses and stirs you to meditate on the living word - that its noble themes would take residence deep within you and bring about supernatural transformation of your heart!
In 1995, my pastor, Ed Weber, preached a message on becoming a "student of the word", in it he quoted one of the early church father as saying, "All good ministers should have Psalm 119 committed to memory". My brother-in-law Doug and I looked at each other and decided to go for it. Neither of us knew all that it would involve, or the tremendous blessing and anchor it would become in our lives.
Early on I realized that music would be the key for me in memorizing this great passage. Over the next year God gave me inspiration to compose twenty-two songs, one for each section of the Psalm, and the process has been one of the most spiritually exhilarating things I've ever experienced. The result is this recording.
Throughout history, Psalm 119 has been treasured and memorized, some have even called it, "The Saint's Alphabet". David Livingstone, the great pioneer missionary to Africa, also memorized 119 when he was 9 years old (winning a new Bible in his Sunday school). Now if he could do it- so can you! And if I could do it- anyone can!
I'm challenging you- turn off the noise of this world- focus on THE WORD! You will not be sorry. Bon appetite!
~ Charles Ciepiel (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 5:17)
P.S. I'd love to hear about your Psalm 119 progress, and what God is doing in your life as a result of His powerful word! Email me at "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Check out the artist's website:
1. Blessed Are The Undefiled (Aleph)
2. How Can A Young Man Cleanse His Way (Beth)
3. Deal Bountifully WIth Your Servant (Gimel)
4. My Soul Clings To The Dust (Daleth)
5. Teach Me, O Lord (He)
6. Let Your Mercies Come (Waw)
7. Remember The Word (Zayin)
8. You Are My Portion (Heth)
9. You Have Dealt Well (Teth)
10. Your Hands Have Made Me (Yod)
11. My Soul Faints (Kaph)
12. Forever O Lord (Lamed)
13. Oh, How I Love Your Law (Mem)
14. Your Word Is A Lamp (Nun)
15. I Hate The Double Minded (Samek)
16. I Have Done Justice (Ayin)
17. Your Testimonies Are Wonderful (Pe)
18. Righteous Are You, O Lord (Tsadde)
19. I Cry Out With My Whole Heart (Qoph)
20. Consider My Affliction (Resh)
21. Princes Persecute Me (Shin)
22. Let My Cry Come Before You (Tau)