His favourite singers as a youngster were: Marion Anderson, Dorothy Maynor, Roland Hayes, Billy Holiday and Paul Robeson whom he met and heard personally. With Robeson he once was on the same program at the Denver City Auditorium.
With his mother he was involved in the Civil Rights movement, giving him an extra dimension and feeling for the spirituals.
After a first trip to Europe he decided to go back and stayed on performing in France, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany , The Netherlands, also appearing on radio and TV.
CLINTON IRVING now resides in The Netherlands and California.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Go Down In The Lonesome Valley
2. My Lord What A Mornin'
3. Oh Wasn't Dat A Wide Ribber
4. Steel Away
5. Stan' Still Jordan
6. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
7. My Soul's Been Anchored In The Lord
8. Where You There When They Crucified My Lord
9. Deep River
10. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child
11. I Stood on The Ribber Ob Jerdon
12. Ev'ry Time I Feel The Spirit
13. City Called Heaven
14. Go Down Moses
15. Bye And Bye
16. Wade In The Water
17. I Been In The Storm So Long
18. Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
19. Gimme Dat Old Time Religion
20. Somewhere Around A Throne
21. I Want To Be Ready
22. Joshua Fit The Battle Of Jericho
23. Done Made My Vow