David Dean Mendoza is a young composer currently working on his Masters Degree in Composition from Florida International Universtiy. Prelude is his first collection of early works composed between 1999 and 2003. His old-fashioned lyrical writing for strings and voice have been the most popular. Several newer works have been completed and are heavly influenced by the New York School. In addition electronic works are being developed and performed in Miami, Florida. In the composers own words, "Prelude was an exercise in composition, but while I have abandoned most of my first works I have kept my favorites like the two viola elegies that I feel can give the performer something lyrical to play."
Check out the artist's website:http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=7433294
1. Sonatina in One For Violin and Piano
2. Three Fantasies For Solo Piano - I. Moderately Fast
3. Three Fantasies For Solo Piano - II. With a Sense of Uncertainty
4. Three Fantasies For Solo Piano - III. With Pathos
5. Two Elegies For Solo Viola - I.
6. Two Elegies For Solo Viola - II.
7. Quartet For String Trio and Chimes
8. Two Songs From the Poetry of Edna St. Vincent Millay - I. Sonnet
9. Two Songs From the Poetry of Edna St. Vincent Millay - II. Ashes
10. Lamentation For Viola and Piano
11. Sonata For Solo Piano - I. With Anxiety
12. Sonata For Solo Piano - II. Foggy and Nebulous
13. Sonata For Solo Piano - III. Energetic and Ominous