Bringing together old and new works for these two versatile musical instruments, the Galhano/Montgomery Duo explores the ingenious ways in which musical material can be used and reused by drawing upon melodies and familiar patterns from places and people in various corners of the world. Newer works by American composers John Howell Morrison and David Evan Thomas, and by Brazilian composer Kilza Setti, are included along with brilliant confections from the 17th and 18th centuries by Vitali, Bach, Mealli, and Bellinzani.
Brazilian-born recorder virtuoso ClÃ©a Galhano wields a remarkable command of five centuries of repertoire, ranging from early music and the avant-garde to South American traditions.
Vivian Montgomery, harpsichordist, is active in a wide range of musical area: baroque opera, early music by women composers, new music for early instruments, concertizing with her acclaimed ensemble Cecilia's Circle, and playing klezmer music on her accordion.
Check out the artist's website:
1. G.A.P.Mealli, Sonata La Cassata
2. G.B.Vitali, Ciaccona in G minor
3. P.B Bellinzani, Follia from Sonata in D minor
4. J.S.Bach, Passacaglia in C minor
5. K.Setti, Dois Momentos para Flauta Dolce
6. J.H.Morrison, Twisted little ground
7. D.E.Thomas, Rigadoons - Fancie
9. Le Tambourin