It helps immensely that Green is a skillful, even inspired composer. The major work on this program is the Variations on America the Beautiful, a twenty-minute lava flow of notes. Green constructed the set from thirty improvisations that he formed into seven variations. The dense harmonies and countermelodies sound much like Leopold Godowsky's super-virtuoso transcriptions of the Chopin Etudes. The Sousa Marches are especially a hoot. Green is not afraid to pepper these hackneyed tunes with dissonance, in the manner of Ives.
This CD is more than just a novelty item. Green has managed an impressive marriage of technology and art that can serve as a model for other explorers of the digital piano.
- Peter Burwasser, Fanfare Magazine
Check out the artist's website:
1. Overture to the Barber of Seville
2. Amazing Grace Raga
3. Variations on Greensleeves
4. Ode to Joy Lullaby
5. Sousa March - The Thunder
6. Sousa March - Sember Fidelis
7. Sousa March - The Washington Post
8. Sousa March - The Stars and Stripes Forever!
9. Variations on America the Beautiful
11. The William Tell Overture