Based in London since 1998, Jeff has given numerous recitals as a soloist throughout the UK, and has also performed in Canada, Portugal, Spain and Italy. A fine flamenco guitarist in his own right, he also performs with guitarist Steve Homes in the DeCasas flamenco group.
Possessing a vast repertoire of music from the 16th century onwards, Jeff's current debut CD release focuses on masterpieces of the guitar written in the 20th century. From little jewels such as Henze's "Drei Tentos" and British guitar classics by Lennox Berkeley and Richard R. Bennett, through to the haunting, brooding spanish sounds of Rodrigo, Falla and Ohana, the listner is offered a diverse retrospective of the most defining music in modern guitar history.
Of '20th Century Guitar', acclaimed guitarist Paul Gregory wrote:
"I strongly recommend the CD by Jeff Rodrigues '20th Century Guitar'. The programme includes many of the very best compositions from the century and one or two unjustly neglected gems such as the 'Homanaje a Toulouse-Lautrec' by Eduardo Sainz de la Maza and the master miniature 'Tiento' by Maurice Ohana. The playing is clean and precise throughout. The recorded sound is always pleasing. The musical line is very well controlled and takes one seamlessly through the music. The only negative is that it ends! A major recording company should jolly well take this up..."
A second recording, of original guitar music from Iberia and Latin America, featuring works by Asencio, Ponce, Villa Lobos and Lopes-Graca, among others, is due for release in late 2006.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Homanaje a Toulouse Lautrec - E.Sainz de la Maza
2. Cancion y Danza no.1 - Antonio Ruiz-Pipo
3. Drei Tentos -i- H.W. Henze
4. Drei Tentos -ii- H.W. Henze
5. Drei Tentos -iii- H.W. Henze
6. Hommage pour le Tombeau de Debussy- M.De Falla
7. Impromptus - recitativo- R.R. Bennett
8. Impromptus - agitato- R.R. Bennett
9. Impromptus - elegiaco- R.R. Bennett
10. Impromptus - con fuoco- R.R. Bennett
11. Impromptus - arioso- R.R. Bennett
12. Invocacion y Danza - Joaquin Rodrigo
13. Tiento - Maurice Ohana
14. Sonatina op.51 -i- Lennox Berkeley
15. Sonatina op.51 -ii- Lennox Berkeley
16. Sonatina op.51 -iii- Lennox Berkeley