Song texts include poems by Rupert Brooke, John Donne, William Blake, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Dante Gabrieli Rossetti, and Christina Georgina Rossetti, as well as selections from Revelation and the Book of Common Prayer.The pieces are grouped into four cycles: Songs of Youth, Three Love Sonnets, Three Holy Sonnets, and the Burial of the Dead.
Christopher Freeze, Tenor (1979-):
graduated in June 2001 from Cambridge University, where he was a Choral Scholar in the choir of King's College, studying with Susan Waters. Christopher has appeared as a soloist in concert and theatre performances of works by Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, and Pucinni, and performed recitals of song and Lieder including works by Schumann, Beethoven, and Finzi. At present Christopher lives in Seattle, WA, USA, and studies with Erich Parce.
Katherine Freeze, Composer/Piano (1976-):
studied music history at the University of Washington. From 1999 to 2002 she worked at University Presbyterian Church (Seattle, WA) as Composer in Residence. In 2001, Katherine co-produced "These Are The Days," a CD of original anthems written for and performed by the UPC Sunday Evening Worship Ensemble. Katherine is currently pursuing graduate studies in music composition at the University of Washington.
George Corbett, Cello (1982-):
began learning the cello at the age of six, and a year later became a chorister at St Albans Abbey under Dr Barry Rose. After beginning his secondary education at Uppingham School, George attended Chetham's School, where he studied with Nicholas Jones. George is the recipient of the Geoffrey Shaw Memorial Prize, and he was national string finalist in the BBC Young Musician of the Year 2002 competition. He now reads English at Trinity College, Cambridge, continuing his musical studies with Ralph Kirshbaum.
JoAnn Stremler, Organ (1970-): is Principal Organist at University Prebyterian Church in Seattle, Washington, USA
Check out the artist's website:
1. The Voice Of Calm (K. Freeze)
2. Day That I Have Loved (Rupert Brooke)
3. Little Boy Lost (William Blake)
4. Little Boy Found (William Blake)
5. None Other Lamb (Christina Georgina Rossetti)
6. Silent Noon (Dante Gabrieli Rossetti)
7. The Hill (Rupert Brooke)
8. Sonnet XLIII From the Portuguese (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
9. Thou Hast Made Me... (John Donne)
10. Batter My Heart... (John Donne)
11. Resurrection (John Donne)
12. Man That Is Born of A Woman (Book of Common Prayer, 1662)
13. They Shall Hunger No More (Revelation 7:16-17)
14. Mere Thunderous Force (K. Freeze)