He has performed around the world including appearances in Australia, Mexico, Sweden, Spain, England, France, Germany, Austria and Japan.
Michael has recorded compact discs on such labels as ASV, Canyon, AUR and Delta.
These include two discs with the TOS Ensemble and R. Carlos Nakai, (Spirit Horses and Native Tapestry) which have collectively sold more than100,000 copies worldwide.
Michael appeared with the Orquesta Filarmonica de la Ciudad de Mexico in a recording of the L'Arlesienne Suites by Bizet conducted by Enrique Batiz (ASV), and is featured on two compilation recordings with legendary saxophonists Eugene Rousseau (Saxophone Masterpieces, Yamaha/Delta) and Jean-Marie Londeix (America's Millennium Tribute to Adolphe Sax, Volume I, AUR).
His two solo CDs, An American Patchwork (1998) and Seasons (2001), appear on the Smooth Stone label and have met with significant critical acclaim both within and beyond the saxophone community.
Michael Hester holds degrees from Indiana University, Arizona State University and The University of Arizona, and his teachers have included such notable figures in the saxophone community as Elizabeth Ervin, Trent Kynaston, Jean-Marie Londeix, Eugene Rousseau, Donald Sinta, Larry Teal and Joseph Wytko.
He has written articles for Yamaha, the Saxophone Journal and Saxophone Symposium as well as a critically acclaimed method book, Saxophone Master Classes (1998).
Michael's students have won such honors as the Down- Beat Student Collegiate Chamber Music Award, Level 1 in the National Foundation for Advancement of the Arts, the Yamaha Young Artist Award and numerous concerto competitions.
In 1996 he was awarded the O.M. Hartsell Excellence in Teaching Award by the Arizona Music Educators Association.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Intermezzo from Goyescas by Enrique Granados
2. Sonata No. 6: Adagio by G.F.Handel
3. Sonata No. 6: Allegro by G.F. Handel
4. Sonata No. 6: Largo by G.F. Handel
5. Sonata No. 6: Allegro non troppo by G.F. Handel
6. Caprice en forme de valse by Paul Bonneau
7. Croquembouches: Linzer tart by Claude Delvincourt
8. Croquembouches: Grenadine by Claude Delvincourt
9. Croquembouches: Negre en chemise by Claude Delvincourt
10. Chanson et passepied by Jeanine Rueff
11. Allemande from Cello Suite no. 1 by J.S. Bach
12. Romance by William Grant Still
13. Laverne Waltz Caprice by H. Benne Henton
14. Lanette Waltz Caprice by H. Benne Henton
15. Nadine Waltz Caprice by H. Benne Henton
16. Prelude, cadence et finale by Alfed Desenclos