Works by: Robert Allworth, Dulcie Holland, Colin Brumby, Eric Gross, Ann Carr-Boyd, Lawrence Bartlett. Duration: 68.55
Title track and "Blues in Orange" by Ann Carr-Boyd feature the composer at the piano; as do "Habanera-Serenade" and "Sydney Harbour" blues, both by Eric Gross. Other composer-at-the-piano items are Holland's sprightly "3 Dances for a new doll", and Brumby's own "Twilight Pastoral".
The sound of Paul Hooper's mandolin combines with a wind quintet for Gross's "Serenade" and "Allworth's "Five preludes", and with Lawrence Bartlett at the organ for Bartlett's own "Children of 3 Cities" (New York/Mogadishu/Sarajevo); also for Gross's tribute to 3 musicians "Fantasia for A.L.P." and for two works by Allworth im memory of princess Grace of Monaco.
Contrasting pieces for string quartet are Holland's pleasing "Lullaby for a Special Child" and Allworth's serial work "Lady in Blue".
A varied palate indeed!
Check out the artist's website:
1. Grass Tree Hill
2. Blues in Orange
3. Children of Three Cities
4. Fantasia for A.L.P.
5. Procession in Honour of her Seren Highness Princess Grace-In-Mem
6. Prelude for the Principality of Monaco in Honour of its Cathedra
7. 3 Dances for a New Doll: Serenade
8. 3 Dances for a New Doll: Quick Step
9. 3 Dances for a New Doll: Jig
10. Cradle Song for a Special Child
11. Piece for String Quartet Lady In Blue
13. Sydney Harbour Blues
15. Five Preludes
16. Twilight Pastoral