This recording is dedicated to the memory of Andres Segovia; to James Norris, my first teacher and mentor who taught me as much about life as music; to the memory of my parents; and especially to my dear wife, Virginia - my companion, muse and great love.
Thanks to Tamara for her skillful means; to brother Bill for his constant prodding; to Karla and Amber for the goodness of the past, and to Peter Rowan, a fellow traveler.
Bio: Robert Burns began very early the study of the guitar, and gave his first concert performance at age 16 as opener for Louis Armstrong. Burns developed rapidly under the tutelage of James Norris of Chicago, pursued studies at the Wisconsin and San Francisco Conservatories, and was privileged to work with the legendary Andres Segovia, both in the USA and in Spain.
Burns has had a full career in teaching, as well as performing for diverse personalities and organizations such as the United Nations, Elizabeth Taylor, the Dalai Lama, as well as events at the Bohemian Grove, numerous California wineries, and for many embassies. Burns carries on the unique tradition of Sergovia, the most influential guitarist of the 20th century.
Robert Burns resides on the beautiful Mendocino Coast in Northern California. He performs for Weddings, Wineries, Celebrations and Concerts.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Romanza / anon.
2. Adelita / F. Tarrega
3. Lagrima / F. Tarrega
4. Recuerdos de La Alhambra / F. Tarrega
5. Dance of the Blessed Spirits / Gluck
6. Etude in B minor / Fernando Sor
7. Etude in D major / Ferando Sor
8. Rumores de Mendocino / Robert Burns
9. Burgalesa / F. Torroba
10. Prelude in E minor / Villa Lobos
11. Suadade: Nostalgia for the Present / Robert Burns
12. Gymnopedes, nos. 1 and 3 / Eric Satie
13. Bridge of Dreams / Robert Burns
14. El Noy de la Mare / Traditional Catalan
15. Drume Negrita / Afro-Cuban Folk
16. Manha de Carnival / Luis Bonfa
17. La Luna Caliente / Robert Burns
18. The Parting Glass / Traditional Irish