Stephanie Sant'Ambrogio, violin, is the Concertmaster of the San Antonio Symphony and formerly First Assistant Principal Second Violin of the Cleveland Orchestra. Praised as an "expressive and passionate chamber musician", she has performed as a soloist and chamber musician throughout the U.S. and in the countries of Estonia, Sweden, Ghana, Italy, Peru and Mexico. She will make her solo debut with the St.Louis Symphony Orchestra in September 2003.
Jeffrey Sykes, piano, is Artistic Co-Director of Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society, Music Director of Opera for the Young, and a founding member of the Painted Sky Music Festival. He is acclaimed as "a commanding solo player, the most supportive of accompanists, and a leader in chamber music." Recently completing his tenth CD, he is in great demand as a chamber musician and has concertized throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Western Europe. Dr. Sykes received awards to study in Austria and Germany and received his DMA in Music from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Stephanie and Jeffrey have collaborated in making music for over a decade. This is their first studio recording together.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Halffter 'Â¢ Pastorale, Op. 18
2. Schoenfield 'Â¢ Four Souvenirs/Samba
4. Tin Pan Alley
5. Square Dance
6. Beach 'Â¢ Invocation, Op. 55
7. Mazurka, Op. 40, No. 3
9. Ponce 'Â¢ Sonata Breve/Allegretto mosso
11. Allegro all spagnuola
12. Marroquin 'Â¢ De Mi Patria
15. Puts 'Â¢ Aria (2000)
16. Foss 'Â¢ Three American Pieces/Early Song (1944)
17. Dedication (1944)
18. Composer's Holiday (1945)
19. Ponce, arr. Heifetz 'Â¢ Estrellita
20. Gershwin, arr. Heifetz 'Â¢ It Ain't Necessarily So