Composing led her back to piano performance, and Moon performs unique piano recitals featuring both traditional and contemporary works, including her own compositions.
An ardent supporter of education and outreach, Moon became a teaching artist in 1997 for Lincoln Center Institute where she continues to lead workshops for students and teachers in the New York Metropolitan area. She has also conducted workshops for school administrators from across the nation. In addition to her private piano teaching studio, Moon works with at-risk youth in conjunction with the Police Athletic League and composer Kevin James' Portraits Project program, which brings musicians and poets together to serve as mentors for the children.
In 2001, she formed The Beata Moon Ensemble, an all-female chamber ensemble created to promote women composers, conductors and performers. Comprised of some of the best musicians in New York, they made their debut at Columbia University's Miller Theatre on February 22, 2002, to critical acclaim. Violinist Lara St. John was the guest soloist, and Sarah Ioannides, associate conductor to Tan Dun, led the ensemble in works by Tania Leon, Ruth Crawford, Anne LeBaron, Julia Wolfe, Elena Kats-Chernin and one of Moon's own pieces.
Through her work, Moon hopes to reach out to audiences of all backgrounds to share with them how fresh and life-affirming classical music can be.
Check out the artist's website:
1. With Intensity (Movement-String Quartet)
2. Prelude (Illusions-Marimba solo)
3. Tenderly (Illusions-Marimba solo)
4. With intense energy (Illusions-Marimba solo)
5. Reflectively (Nursery-Piano solo)
6. Vivace (Guernica-Piano solo)
7. Suspended (String Quartet)
8. Scherzo (String Quartet)
9. Flowing (String Quartet)
10. Eerie (String Quartet)
11. Energetic (String Quartet)
12. Driving; intense energy (1,2,3-Alto Saxophone solo)
13. Soulful; sincere (1,2,3-Alto Saxophone solo)
14. Flowing (1,2,3-Alto Saxophone solo)
15. Spirited (Vignettes-Electric Guitar/Piano)
16. I Corinthians 13 (Soprano/Baritone duet)
17. John 3:16 (Baritone solo)
18. Psalm 121 (Soprano solo)
19. Lovingly (Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day- Soprano/Barito
20. Allegro; with rhythmic vitality (Wind Quintet)
21. Introduction; Soulful (Wind Quintet)
22. Playful; with rhythmic vitality (Wind Quintet)