- Tarantella(Spider Dance)for Best Classical Soloist Album
Albums nominated for 2002 Just Plain Folks Music Awards:
- "Moonlight" for Best Classical Album (awarded 2nd Place)
- "Tempest" for Best Solo Instrumental Album
"That Julianne is so gifted is really a gift to us, her fans." - Charles Goyette, KFYI Radio
"Julianne Markavitch is taking the piano world by storm. She is winning fans worldwide with her personal style of piano performance. Never has the piano sounded so alive!"
- Nicole Godburn, Beethoven Radio
"Ms. Markavitch's albums are proficiently performed, brilliantly recorded, and just plain fun to listen to. The more Beethoven Radio listeners hear, the more they request it." - Eric Michaels, Beethoven Radio
"In truth, Julianne Markavitch plays classical piano with an enthusiastic vitality that's contagious.
Originally from Michigan, Julianne Markavitch is an independent recording artist with six CDs of classical and sacred piano music available at CDBaby.com. She has been playing the piano for 31 years. In promotion of her performances and recordings, Julianne has appeared several times on ABC's "Sonoran Living" and "Arizona Morning" on Fox. Julianne's career and recordings have been recognized by USA Today, The Arizona Republic, and State Press Magazine. Her CDs have also been featured on National Public Radio, asa well as many classical radio stations across the country and in Australia.
Julianne is an alumna of the National Music Camp and Arts Academy at Interlochen, Michigan. As a finalist in the Quest For Excellence Competition, her performances were featured at Orchestra Hall and on WQRS in Detroit. After graduating the Interlochen Arts Academy, she received her Bachelor of Music from the University of Texas at Austin and her Master of Music from the University of Michigan, both degrees in Piano Performance. Julianne was also privileged to attend the Moscow Conservatory in America program where she studied with Lazar Berman, Nikolai Petrov, and other esteemed professors from the Conservatory.
1. Adagio Sostenuto from the Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
2. Fur Elise by Beethoven
3. Adagio Cantabile from the Pathetique Sonata by Beethoven
4. Prelude in C Major by Bach
5. Canon in D by Pachelbel
6. From Foreign Lands and People by Schumann
7. Traumerei by Schumann
8. Waltz in D Major by Schubert
9. Waltz in B-flat Major by Schubert
10. Nocturne, Op. 9 #1 by Chopin
11. Waltz, Op. 64 #2 by Chopin
12. Waltz in A-flat Major by Brahms
13. Intermezzo, Op. 118 #2 by Brahms
14. Meditation from Thais by Massenet
15. Moment Musicaux, Op. 16 #3 by Rachmaninoff
16. Moment Musicaux, Op. 16 #5 by Rachmaninoff
17. 18th Variation from Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmanin
18. Reverie by Debussy
19. Claire de lune by Debussy
20. Gymnopedie #1 by Satie