Ms. Abbott grew up in New York and studied with Robert Page from the age of nine, and later attended the University of Illinois as a piano performance major, where she studied with Claire Richards and Howard Karp.
At Nadia Boulanger's famous American School outside Paris at Fountainebleau, she continued her studies under Jean and Robert Casadesus, Clifford Curzon, and Mlle. Boulanger. Peggy Abbott continues to perform regularly, most frequently with Patrice Williams.
Patrice Williams is a native New Mexican, the daughter of author Bennett Foster and musician/teacher Aileen Foster - one of the founders of the New Mexico Music Teachers Association.
After she left her mother's studio, Patrice studied in St. Louis with Leo Sirota, the major influence in her musical life.
She later studied in Munich with Eric Tehn-Berg on a Fulbright scholarship. She has concertized in Europe and the United States, and she presently plays duo-piano concerts in the Southwest with Peggy Abbott.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Octavio Pinto: Scenas Infantis Run, Run, Run (two pianos)
2. Ring Around the Rosie
3. March Little Soldier
4. Sleeping Time
5. Hobby Horse
6. Claude Debussy: Petite Suite En Bateau (one piano)
10. Georges Bizet: Six Jeux d'Enfantes LaToupie - The Top(one piano
11. La Poupee - The Doll
12. Les Chevaux de Bois - The Merry Go Round
13. Le Volant - Badminton
14. Les quatre Coins - Puss in the Corner
15. Le Bal - Galop
16. W.A. Mozart Sonata in C Major Allegro (one piano)
19. Joaquin Rodrigo Cinco Piezas Infantiles Children are Passing (tw
20. After a Fairy Tale
23. Boisterous Finale