David was influenced in his early youth by legendary soprano Lily Pons. He accepted a scholarship at the University of Arizona where he developed his vocal talents under the great baritone Igor Gorin, and he refined his piano technique which he developed from the age of four with renowned concert pianist Ozan Marsh.
As a balance to the rigors of formal education, David performed in bars as a cocktail pianist and singer, where he developed the more spontaneous and playful aspects of his music. More recently David's musical life has focused more on his long-time love of ecclesiastical music. He is currently serving as musical director and organist at Gethsemane Lutheran Church in Seattle, Washington, where he is working on another CD of romantic classical piano music.
One night last year David was listening to a recording of luminary South American singer Yma Sumac, who was known for singing with a four octave voice. David loved the concept, but his voice was two octaves lower than hers and no four octave sheet music existed. Thus his composition "Nightmare" was born, and while he was at it he adapted a prelude and fugue by J.S. Bach with his own music interspersed.
What characterizes David's music is a dynamic tension and connection to the dark undertones of the human soul. As an artist he delights in exploring passions from the macabre to the lyrical.
1. Ballade - Claude Debussy
2. The Maiden and the Nightingale - Enrique Granados
3. Liebestraum - Franz Liszt
4. Hesitation-Tango - Samuel Barber
5.Moment Musical No. 5 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
6. The White Peacock - Charles T. Griffes
7. Un Sospiro - Franz Liszt
8. Isolde's Liebestod - Wagner-Liszt
9. Nocturne Op. 72 No. 1 - Fryderyk Chopin
10. Sonetto 104 del Petrarca - Franz Liszt
11. Nocturne - Samuel Barber
12. The Sunken Cathedral - Claude Debussy
Check out the artist's website:
1. Debussy / Ballade
2. Granados / The Maiden And The Nightingale
3. Liszt / Liebestraum
4. Hesitation Tango / Samuel Barber
5. Rachmaninoff / Moment Musical No. 5
6. Griffex / The White Peacock
7. Liszt / Un Sospiro
8. Wagner-Liszt / Isolde's Liebestod
9. Chopin / Nocturne Op. 72, No. 1
10. Liszt / Sonetto 104 del Petrarca
11. Barber / Nocturne
12. Debussy / The Sunken Cathedral