In addition to his work with the New World Guitar Trio, David Patterson has performed with various ensembles including the Auros Group, Musica Viva, The Boston Modern Orchestra Project and the Harvard Group for New Music as an artist in residence. He has been a guest artist at the Tangewood and Bowdoin music festivals. David worked with Composer Osvaldo Golijov and soprano Dawn Upshaw as an arranger and performer in the Tanglewood 2003 world premier of the opera Ainadamar under the baton of Robert Spano.
In 2003 David's recording of Jimmy Page's White Summer/Black Mountainside was featured in a compilation CD Guitar Harvest along with guitarists Andy Summers, Bill Frizel and Ralph Towner among others. The CD's proceeds are donated to provide resources for the music education programs for inner city schools. His most recent project, a solo classical guitar recording, features music by Villa-Lobos, Brouwer, Ginastera and Bach.. The CD will be released in fall of 2005.
David has also conducted master classes at Berklee College, University of Hawaii and The Saint Louis Guitar Society in addition to various music institutions in South America and Asia. He is currently on the faculty of Gordon College, Longy School of Music and Tufts University.
Check out the artist's website:
1. J.S. Bach BWV 996 - Prelude
2. J.S. Bach BWV 996 - Allemande
3. J.S. Bach BWV 996 - Courante
4. J.S. Bach BWV 996 - Sarabande
5. J.S. Bach BWV 996 - Bourree
6. J.S. Bach BWV 996 - Gigue
7. Leo Brouwer - Berceuse Cancion de Cuna
8. Leo Brouwer - Etude No. 14
9. Leo Brouwer - Etude No. 17
10. J.K. Mertz - Liebeslied
11. Francisco Tarrega - Capriccho Arabe
12. H. Villa - Lobos - Prelude No. 1
13. H. Villa - Lobos - Mazurka Choro
14. H. Villa - Lobos - Prelude No. 5
15. H. Villa - Lobos - Choro No. 1
16. Alberto Ginastera Op. 47 - Esordio
17. Alberto Ginastera Op. 47 - Scherzo
18. Alberto Ginastera Op. 47 - Canto
19. Alberto Ginastera Op. 47 - Finale