Among his leading operatic roles are Rodolfo in "La Boheme," Pinkerton in "Madame Butterfly," The Duke of Mantua in "Rigoletto," Alfredo in "La Traviata," Turiddu in "Cavalleria Rusticana," Edgardo in "Lucia di Lammermoor," Dimitri in "Boris Godunov," and Raul in "Les Huguenots."
At age 16, he auditioned for Beniamino Gigli, the renowned tenor of his era and acclaimed for his Bel Canto singing. A year later, Giuseppe became his student and, subsequently, his protegÃ©. A few years later, Moretti won the prestigious competition "Concorso Internazionale di Fabriano." Recently, he was invited to give a concert celebrating Gigli's 100th anniversary. It was a sold-out event.
With the Bel Canto method and insightful understanding relating the voice to the human body, Maestro Moretti has taught students from all operatic and Broadway voice levels and has helped other professionals to keep their voices intact for the rest of their lives.
True to his own teaching, Maestro Moretti, with his voice clear, powerful and agile, made this recording in one studio session at the glorious age of 68.
Sit back and enjoy.
1. Tombe Degl' Avi Miei lucia Di Lammermoor g. Donizetti
2. Tuche a Dio Spiegasti L'ali lucia Di Lammermoor g. Donizetti
3. La Fleur Que Tu M'avais Jetee carmen g. Bizet
4. Recondita Armonia tosca g. Puccini
5. A Te O Cara i Puritani v. Bellini
6. Una Vergine, Un Angiol la Favorita g. Donizetti
7. Pourquoi Me Reveiller? werther j. Massenet
8. Je Crois Entendre Encore les Pecheurs De Perles g. Bizet
9. La Donna E'mobile rigoletto g. Verdi
10. O Tu Che in Seno Agli Angeli la Forza Del Destino g. Verdi
11. Ed Anche Beppe Amo l'amico Fritz p. Mascagni
12. Donna Non Vidi Mai manon Lescaut g. Puccini
13. Ch'ella Mi Creda la Fanciulla Del West g. Puccini
14. Ella Mi Fu Rapita rigoletto g. Verdi
15. O Muto Asil Del Pianto guglielmo Tell g. Rossini
16. Di Quella Pira il Trovatore g. Verdi
17. Forse La Soglia Attinse un Ballo in Maschera g. Verdi
18. L'anima Ho Stanca adriana Lecouvreur f. Cilea