Ozgen is a self-taught musician and performs on kemence, lavta, violoncello and tanbur.
He has studied and mastered the works of Tanburi Cemil Bey.
He has studied the techniques of playing the violoncello and violin and has applied new techniques to the playing of the kemence; such as new left hand positions and bow techniques.
Ozgen 's fame is usually associated with his kemence playing and melodic taksims (improvisations).
Ozgen's kemence playing brings out soft, full and rich sounds from this instrument.
This album is totally dedicated to Ozgen's kemenche playing.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Opening Taksim
2. Segah Peshrev (Neyzen Yusuf Pasha)
3. Beyond Makams, Master's Selection
4. Shehnaz Peshrev/Ey But-I Nev-Eda Ismail Dede Efendi/Hicaz Humayu
5. Yegah Taksim
6. Evc Saz Semai/Taksim On Makam Evc
7. Bayati Peshrev/Hicaz Humayun Peshrev
8. Taksim On Makam Shevk-Efza/Acemashiran Peshrev/Taksim On Makam A
9. Variations On A Zeybek
10. Taksim On Makam Shehnaz
11. Variations On A Piece In Rast Naksh Beste
12. Ozgen - A Short Monologue