Meet the Canslers
Jeannine and Philip have been making music together since the early days of undergraduate school at Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. Together they earned bachelors degrees in music and went on to the University of Oregon to obtain the Master of Music and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees in organ and trumpet performance. The Canslers lead very active lives in all music arenas from concertizing, teaching and directing to writing, publishing, and consulting.
Jeannine is a Sales Associate for Educational Events and Agent Sales for Rodgers Instruments. She is also the President of Pro-Motion Music, a booking agency, publisher and music distributorship, and an adjunct professor of music at the University of Portland. She maintains a private keyboard studio and is in demand as a clinician and church music consultant.
Philip is in his twenty-third year as a professor in the Performing and Fine Arts Department at the University of Portland. He is also a United Musical Instruments Artist and is the Oregon representative for the E.R. Moore Robe Company. In addition, he also maintains a private studio and is a frequent adjudicator, clinician and soloist.
The Drs. Cansler:
The Canslers bring over 40 years of combined service to the church music field. They serve as the Co-Directors of Music at Moreland Presbyterian Church in Portland sharing in music leadership and worship planning for the church.
The two have performed extensively as an organ and trumpet duo and have concertized throughout the United States, Japan, Sri Lanka, Europe, Zimbabwe, Australia, New Zealand, and American Samoa.
The Canslers have released three compact disc recordings of music for the trumpet and organ combination, A Cansler Christmas (SuperGift Records), including favorite carol arrangements, Thine is the Glory (Celebration Records), a collection of well-known hymntune arrangements, and Bravo! Baroque! (Silver Records) a recording of baroque organ, trumpet, and harpsichord repertoire.
The Canslers at Home:
Jeannine and Philip make their home in a rural area Northwest of Portland. Their music studio houses a 9-rank, 11-stop tracker organ by Martin Pasi, a virginal, a harpsichord, a piano, numerous trumpets, an alphorn and various playable shells. Besides their music, they enjoy their beach home, their cat, traveling, and collecting treasures, ranging from seashells and carvings to sculpted fish and batiks from around the world.
1. Trumpet Voluntary
2. Prelude, Fugue and Chaconne
3. Sonata de Concert - Moderato
4. Sonata de Concert - Largo
5. Sonata de Concert - Vivace
6. Joy to Great Caesar
7. Sonata in D for Two Trumpets - Grave
8. Sonata in D for Two Trumpets - Allegro
9. Sonata in D for Two Trumpets - Adagio
10. Sonata in D for Two Trumpets - Allegro
11. Concerto in A for Two Keyboard Instruments
12. Variations on Vater Unser im Himmelreich - Choralis in Cantu
13. Variations on Vater Unser im Himmelreich - Bicinium contrapuncto
14. Vaiarations on Vater Unser im Himmelreich - Choralis in Cantu co
15. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
16. O Mensch, bewein' dein sunde gross
17. Trumpet Tune
18. Ou S'en vont ces gais bergers
19. Voluntary in A Major
20. Prince of Denmark's March