This CD includes first recordings of "Multicultural Suite" and B.Thorn's "Salad Undressing".
Inquiries about the scores are welcome.
Jodie Goldney and myself (Georg) played first concerts together in 1992.
These concerts seemed to have been a surprise experience for the audience. They had never heard a recorder played like that, totally alive and capturing.
We were asked numerous times during the next decade when we would play next time - which was impossible because of the distance we lived apart.
As soon as we moved closer together we decided to compile this CD and start performing together again.
Jodie was born in Bathurst (Australia), did her diploma at the age of 16, and did later a masters of recorder at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
Details of Georg you find with the solo cello album: "Music at Jenolan Caves" & the Guitar album "Re-issued".
(more details also on the linked website).
Check out the artist's website:
1. Anonymus Greensleeves to a Ground
2. G.F.Handel Sonata No 2 in A minor - Larghetto
6. G.Mertens Multiculturla Suite - French Ounverture
8. Barbarian Intermezzo - Trio
9. Arabia Nocturna
11. B.Thorn Salad Undressing II
13. W.Rein Dunkle Wolk (Dark cloud)
14. T.Morley Almain
15. Anonymus The Sick Tune
16. W.Byrd La Volta
17. Wolsey's Wilde
18. J.Dowland Lachrimae Pavan
19. The Earl of Essex his Galliard
20. Anonymus Ghaetta
21. Saltarello I
22. Susato Tourdion
23. G.Mertens Didgeridoo 2