Kate's First Christmas CD is also available now in limited quantities on https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mannyngharp3
Artist history - Kathryn Mannyng
Born in County Ramsey, St. Paul Minnesota, Kathryn Mannyng has been performing since she was five years old and has received international airplay. When she was a wee lass in her teenage years, she idolized Harpo Marx, and sought to imitate him.
Needing an accompanist for her budding singing career, she decided to accompany herself. That was at least twenty years ago. Being a classicaly trained soprano and self-taught harper, Katy melds the two worlds in her music with great success. She can go from playing a gutsy dance tune to singing and playing a classical rendition of Danny Boy in a heartbeat. She has played on Broadway in NYC at Symphony Space repeatedly and has been broadcast live over WNYC public radio.
Being a certified Usui Reiki Practitioner, Master and Teacher, as well as a professional musician, Kate's expanded plans include continuing her opera career and contributing to the emerging field of sound healing with classical and folk music. A complimentary modality, sound healing has a broader application than just the psychological approaches of music therapy. Studies are being done on the effects of music, and harp music in particular, on the human body in health and sickness. Some of the documented effects have been, relaxation, temporary relief from pain and stress. The use of the harp in this manner is consistent with the ancient uses of the Celtic harp and the different types of harp music which were laughing, crying, sleeping, and balladry.
Kate is available for Corporate Events, Weddings, Sound Healing Workshops, Lectures, and Usui Reiki training and treatment. Call 617-625-2764 for an appointment.
Check out the artist's website:
1. The Harp that once through Tara's Halls, (Molly my Treasure) - T
2. Star of the County Down - Traditional
3. Madame Cole - Turlough O'Carolan
4. Shebeag an' Shemore/Planxty George Brabazon - T. O'Carolan
5. Mrs. Judge/Planxty Judge - T. O'Carolan
6. She Moved the Fair - Traditional
7. Wings of a Gull - Traditonal
8. Last Rose of Summer/Separation of Body and Soul - T. Moore/T. O'
9. Danny Boy (Ancient Irish Tune/Londonderry Air) - Fred E. Wetherl
10. Down by the Sally Gardens/Sally Gardens - Traditional
11. Planxty Sudley/Give me your hand - T. O'Carolan
12. Carrickfergus - Traditional
13. Beleive me if all those endearing young charms - T. Moore
14. My Lagan Love - Traditional
15. Carolan's Cup - T. O'Carolan
16. Minstrel Boy/O'Carolan's Concerto - T. Moore/T. O'Carolan
17. Bard of Armagh (Streets of Laredo) - Traditional
18. Brian Borou's March/The Butterfly - Traditional
19. Parting of Friends - Traditional