Prior to coming to the United States, Rong studied music for 16 years in her native country, China. Some of her accomplishments while in China include composing music for the TV series â€œDeepening Shades of Seasonâ€ and the movie â€œThe July 7th incident of 1937,â€ performed regularly at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, and taught piano at the China Conservatory of Music for 6 years where she also studied and earned her B.A. in Music Composition with a minor in Piano Performance in 1998. She was the pianist for the â€œSound of Springâ€ chamber orchestra which performed regularly as well as recorded a CD for JVC. After graduating, Rong worked full-time for the Beijing Dance Academy as a Dance Accompanist as well as prepared for graduate studies in the United States.
Rongâ€™s personal interests in music include classical music from the Romanic period and Chinese classical music.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Prelude: Water Flowing
2. Guangong Folk Melody Longing For Love
3. Farewell at Yang Guan Pass
4. Autumn Moon over a Placid Lake
5. Three Variations of Plumn Blossom
6. Ode to Zheng and Xiao
7. Guangdong Folk Melody Thunder In Dry Season
8. Flute and Drum at Sunset
9. Silver Clouds Chasing the Moon
10. One Hundred Birds Paying Respect to the Phoenix