Setrak A. Setrakian
Lebanese Composer and Pianist
Music Education: 1950-1960 Studied piano, solfege, theory and harmony with Professor Ernest Chouha in "Ernest Chouha" Music College in Aleppo, Syria.
* 1961-1962 Studied piano and harmony with Professor T. Succar, Mrs. Turkiyeh and Professor Michel Tcheskinov in the National Conservatoire of Lebanon.
* 1962-1964 Studied in the National Conservatoire of Damascus, Syria, harmony and composition with Professor Sergey Schydril.
* 1964-1965 Studied piano and composition with Professor Gunther Kohl in Jerusalem.
* 1966-1970 Gave piano lessons of piano and harmony in Aleppo and Damascus.
* 1971-1972 Invited to "Komitas" Conservatoire of Yerevan, Armenia to specialize with the following professors:
1) Etvart Mirzoyan Composition
2) Etvart Baghdasarian Harmony
3) Krikor Hakhinian Polyphony
4) Kevork Armenian Orchestration
5) Elenora Atamian Piano
6) Aved Derderian Opera Composition
* 1974-1978 Professor of piano in College Mont la Salle, Ain Saadeh.
* 1978-1980 Professor of piano in College des Apotre, Jounieh.
* 1980-1985 Professor of piano in Beirut, Lebanon. (personal lessons)
* 1985-1988 Professor of piano and music in the Armenian Theological Seminary of the Catholicosate of Cilicia.
* 1986-1987 Professor of piano and harmony at P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
* 1987-1999 Director and professor of piano, harmony, composition, and music analyzing in P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
N.B. Awarded the medal of honor St. "MESROB MACHDOTZ", by Catholicosate KAREKINE II.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Chopin Etude Op. 10. No. 12
2. Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23
3. Chopin Ballade No. 4 Op. 52
4. Chopin Scherzo No. 2 Op. 31
5. Chopin Fantasie - Impromptu Op. 66
6. Chopin Fantasie Op. 49
7. Chopin Polonaise Op. 53
8. Chopin Andante Spianato & Grande Polonaise Brillante Op. 22