In 988 The Great equel to Apostle Prince Vladimir began baptizing the people of Kyiv Rus near this church on the banks of the Dnieper River.
And now this church, though small in size is under jurisdiction of the Metropolitan of Kyiv and the whole Ukraine Vladimir is a favourite place for praying for the Kyivites. Archiepriest Vitaly Kosovskiy is the dean of the church since 1991.
On the 19th of December 1996 the childrens choir began to sing for the glory of God.
The children regularly take part in Sunday and festive liturgies and has become an integral part of ther life. The choir also has consert activities. During a short time of its existence it won the All-Ukranian (1997, the town of Rivne) and International (1998, the town of Eupatoria) festivals.
In this album you can hear both little-known old spiritual songs of the 16-17th centuries and traditional and authors spirituel hymns of liturgies of the 18th beginning of the 20th centuries.
Special attention should be paid to old Ukranian cantical part of the album where warm feelings of Ukranian people to God are particularly expressed. The choir has become the first Orthodox childrens choir of Kyiv after almost a one hundred years interval.
Check out the artist's website:
1. We Are Guarded By the Cross
2. Blessed Is the Man
3. O Gentle Radiance
4. Now Lettest Thou Thy Servant Depart
5. Hail, O Theotokos the Virgin (ave Maria)
6. Having Slept in the Flesh As a Mortal
7. Christ Is Risen
8. The Chimes of the Belfry of St. Elijah Church
9. The Voice of the Archangel
10. O Thou, the Heritor of God
11. Meet It Is
12. Canticle to St. Elijah the Profit
13. Canticle to St. Nicholas
14. Sleep, O Jesus
15. I Set My Hope in God
16. O Merciful Mother
17. Look With Care
18. O My Jesus, the Most Gracious One
19. Canticle to the Pochaev Icon of the Virgin
20. Meet It Is
21. We Have Recourse to Thy Mercy