Dr. Anton Armstrong is the Harry and Thora Tosdal Professor of Music and conductor of the St. Olaf Choir. The interests of Dr. Armstrong, who succeeded Kenneth Jennings in 1990, lie in the tradition of Western European choral music, 20th century compositions and folk music arrangements from the U.S. and the wider global community.
Armstrong grew up on Long Island, New York. He was a member of the American Boychoir, an American counterpoint of the Vienna Boys Choir. Armstrong graduated from St. Olaf in 1978 with a Bachelor of Music degree. He continued his studies at the University of Illinois, earning a Master of Music degree in choral music, and at Michigan State University, where he earned a Doctor of Musical Arts degree.
Armstrong is a frequent guest conductor, lecturer, and clinician throughout North America and in Europe, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, and the Caribbean.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Holy God We Praise Thy Name--arr. John Ferguson
2. Great Is Thy Faithfulness--William M. Ryan
3. Praise To The Lord--arr. F. Melius Christiansen
4. Rise Up, O Men Of God--arr. Kenneth Jennings
5. A Mighty Fortress Is Our God--arr. John Ferguson
6. Children Of The Heavenly Father--arr. Robert Scholz
7. We Praise You, O God--arr. Carolyn Jennings
8. From Heaven Above--Martin Luther (settings by E. Pepping and Joh
9. O Day Full Of Grace--arr. F. Melius Christiansen
10. Thy Little Ones, Dear Lord--arr. Kenneth Jennings
11. Beautiful Savior--arr. F. Melius Christiansen
12. Blessed Assurance--Phoebe P. Knapp
13. Abide With Me--William H. Monk
14. What A Friend We Have In Jesus--Charles C. Converse
15. When I Survey The Wondrous Cross--arr. Gilbert Martin
16. Let Us Talents And Tongues Employ--arr. Bradley Ellingboe
17. Praise His Holy Name--Keith Hampton
18. Here I Am Lord, Daniel I. Schutte--arr. Ovid Young
19. Love Divine, All Loves Excelling--John B. Dykes, arr. John Fergu