This CD represents the three main canonical singing traditions of the Eastern Church - Byzantine, Georgia and Old Rus, which was the foundation for further development of not only worship singing but also classical choral music.
All chants are performed by choristers of the Three Holies Church conducted by Igor Sakhno, who is one of the greatest expert in ancient singing and founder of the Ensemble of the ancient music "SRETENYE" (available at www.cdbaby.com/anthology).
He studied the secrets of Georgian singing at one of the Georgian monastery and Byzantine singing at Aphona monastery. During his stay in Greece, the well-known Greek protopsalt L.Angelopoulos gave him invaluable help. Not only he supplemented the repertoire of the choir with a number of very rare ancient chants, but also what is the most important he shared his knowledge of Byzantine singing characteristic features.
In 2001 The Three Holies Church Choristers won Grand Prix at Church choirs festival "Glas Pechersky" in Kiev and in 2002 took part at Worship Singing Conference in Kiev-Pechersk Lavra
Check out the artist's website:
1. Take ye the Body of Christ (Bulgarian chant)
2. Come let us worship (Georgian chant)
3. O Theotokos and Vergin Rejoice (Ave Maria)
4. Meet it is (tune Hymn Demetre)
5. Cherubic Hymn (Byzantine chant Bulgarian tradition)
6. Troparion on the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God (Stolpovoy
7. Who is the Great Lord - a) Byzantine tradition b)Bulgarian tradi
8. Christmas Troparion
9. Christmas Svetilen
10. Alleluia (Georgian chant)
11. To Thee O Theotokos (Byzantine chant)
12. Sunday Eucharist Chant (Stolpovoy chant)
13. Sunday Eucharist Chant ( Byzantine chant)