Dr. Picher holds music degrees from the University of Maine, Eastman School of Music and Catholic University of America. He has served in director of music/organist positions at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (Portland, Maine) and the Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle (St. Petersburg, Florida). He also served for eight years as a trumpet instrumentalist with the United States Navy Band in Washington DC.
Additionally, he has served on the music faculty of the University of Maine, University of Southern Maine, St. Petersburg College, Pinellas County Center for the Arts, and he was also the house organist at Portland, Maine's historic State Theatre. Recent recital performances have included Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Washington DC), Holy Name Cathedral (Chicago), the National Cathedral (Washington DC), St. Mary's Cathedral (San Francisco), and the Marly Room at the Museum of Fine Arts (St. Petersburg).
He is composer member of B.M.I., and an Associate of the American Guild of Organists. He has produced several published works for brass ensembles. Three CD recordings of Dr. Picher playing organ and trumpet have been recently released on the Stemik Music label.
In 2000, Dr. Picher was awarded the St. Jude Medal by Bishop Robert Lynch in recognition for his service to the Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle and the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Currently, Dr. Picher is Director of Music Ministries and Organist at the Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine, Florida.
1. Now Thank We All Our God (J.S. Bach, arr. Virgil Fox)
2. Prelude and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 549, Arnstadt (J.S. Bach)
3. Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee (Kevin Sadowski)
4. Faith of Our Fathers (Charles Callahan)
5. Concerto for Two Trumpets in C Major - 1st Mvmt. (Antonio Vivald
6. Concerto in C Major - 2nd Mvmt.
7. Concerto in C Major - 3rd Mvmt.
8. Prelude, Fugue and Chaconne (Dietrich Buxtehude)
9. Agnus Dei (Seth Bingham)
10. Piece Heroique (Cesar Franck)
11. Come, Holy Ghost (Robert Hebble)
12. Holy God, We Praise Thy Name (William Picher/Michael Burkhardt)
13. Meditation from Thais (Jules Massenet)
14. Trumpet Tune on Christ the Lord Has Risen Today (Richard Proulx)
15. Prelude to Te Deum (M.A. Charpentier, arr. William Picher)