Since then, Parsamyan has given a series of recitals solo and with orchestras in Armenia, Russia, Europe and the United States for which he has received critical acclaim. Following a concert in Zaragosa, Spain, Joaquin Aranda of Heraldo de Aragon a renowned critic wrote â€œHis Liszt was simply splendid; Zaven Parsamyan â€¦ is a musician of the highest caliber.â€
In this CD, Parsamyan demonstrated his wide range and interpretation of classical, romantic, and innovative styles. These selections, including pieces by Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Ravel, Liszt and Scriabin, were intended to illustrate his ability to interpret these diverse styles. Brilliant passages, intense phrasing, and philosophical depth characterize his performance, recorded in April, 2003.
Recorded by Leszek Maria Wojcik of Carnegie Hall at Purchase College, New York.
1. JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Italian concerto in F-Major,BWV 971 1.[wi
4. WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART Fantasy in C-minor kv 396
5. FREDERIC CHOPIN Fantasy in f minor op.49
6. FREDERIC CHOPIN Nocturn no.2 in E-flat major op.9
7. FRANZ LISZT Mephisto waltz no.1 in A-major
8. MAURICE RAVEL Pavanne for a dead princess
9. ALEXANDER SCRIABIN Sonata no.5 in F-sharp major op.53