Incredible lyrical imagery defines the artistic pallet of this wonderful country, and The Highway 61 Folks Festival provided a canvas for personal expression for what made the event truly unique. Mr. Bob Dylan wrote, "...just put some bleachers out in the sun and hold it out on Highway 61", and it's just what we did. We invite you to take a drive down this entire beautiful stretch of Highway 61 in Northern Minnesota and take notice of simple little towns like Mahtowa, and the riches they bring.
Special contributors to the Highway 61 Folks Festival include Music-Go-Round, Minnesota Power, Lake Country Power, Rob's Mahtowa Tavern, TJ's, The Mahtowa Economic Development Committee, BestMonthlyClubs.com, Alakef Coffee Roasters, Lake State Federal Credit Union, and The First State Bank of Finlayson. Special thanks to all the artists, Festavarians and volunteers who helped make the event special, including Rob for all the equipment and the venue; Keith, Kim, Jesse, Don and Kelly for the weeks of preparation work; Doreen and Chris for the artwork; Prudence for the pics; Karen, Lisa, Bruce and Art for coming through at the last minute; Randy and Barnum High School; Gary for the recording; our judges Al, Kate, and Kraig; and KUMD 103.3 for the selfless advertising.
Stop by our website www.festivalbrew.com for up to date information about the Highway 61 Folks Festival or to make a donation.
Always the 1st Weekend of August!
Any contribution you could make would be greatly appreciated. All proceeds from your purchase of this CD go towards improving future festivals, giving local musicians an opportunity for performance and exposure of their songs. THANK YOU!
-Jim and Kraig, Co-Producers
Check out the artist's website:
1. Sixty-One - Wayne Hamilton
2. What Brings You Here - Sara Thomsen
3. Where Does The Ice Go? - Bill Isles
4. Iron Train - Craig and Clayton Lasart
5. Red Leaf - Becky Schlegel
6. Running from the Sun - Gabriel Munter
7. Green Eyes - Colleen Myhre
8. Caterpillar Blues - Bob Davis
9. Afton - Glenda Thuener
10. Loon Lake Lift-off - Brian Dack
11. Sixth and Main - Jeff Gilbertson
12. Am I Allowed - Haley Bonar
13. George, Alexander, Clark & John - Ed Anderson
14. There the Crow Flies - Kurt Petersen