WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
The Casco Bay Weekly
* "... there's none of the sanctimony the folk scene has become famous for."
* "... a style that reminded us of Burl Ives having the crap beaten out of him by Steve Earl."
* "Throughout this album the HMJB is rarely anything less than inspired."
* "Mike Petruk on percussion don't need no stinking bass drum, no high-hat, not even real drum sticks as he powers these good natured space men in their jug band..."
* "This is perfect keg party music."
Portland Press Herald
* "The Half Moon Jug Band came onto the stage... several minutes late, but the wait was forgettable once the music started."
* "The local band dove into a raucous, kazoo-dominated rendition of the classic "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?"
* "The rowdy music was slightly at odds with the solemn interior of the old church..."
* "As much as any other annual holiday attraction, the Half Moon Jug Band's open-air performances have become a tradition in the Old Port."
* "Its debut album ... displayed its accomplished musicianship and off-beat sense of humor. "
* "... like a ghost from a hillbilly Christmas"
* "... certainly more fun than throwing cats in a pool."
New Year's Portland
* "Silly? Sometimes. Funny? Yep."
* "... semi-goofball renderings"
Check out the artist's website:
1. Jug Band Army
3. A Tombstone Every Mile
4. Lovers Often Do
5. Let's Get Naked
6. I'm Alive
7. You Said You Would
8. Drive Thru
9. Go Go Burger
10. Middle Class White Boy Blues
11. Beedle Um Bum
12. Wiscasset Night Train
13. She's So Good (but in a baad, bad way)
14. Buried in Bingham
15. Jeezum Crow
16. Secret Track (don't tell no one!)