Growing up he would listen to all the greats such as George Jones, Patsy Cline, Eddie Arnold, and Conway Twitty just to name a few. He learned to develope the talents of harmony by listening to The Wilburn Brothers, and The Browns. Then later it was groups such as Exile, and Sawyer Brown.
Darren has taken all these great inspirations to create a sound all his own. His range in vocals go from the smooth mellow tones of Jim Reeves to the hard core blue grass roots of Ricky Skaggs. Throw in some George Straight and Alan Jackson and you have the sound of Darren Knight.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Raised On A Gravel Road
2. I've Been Around Enough To Know
3. Operator, Operator
4. Right Where You Dont Want Me
5. Why Does Love Die In Slow Motion
6. My Train Of Thought
7. When Your Yellow Brick Road Turns Blue
8. Honky Tonk Heaven
9. You Cared Enough To Lie
10. On Second Thought
11. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
12. The Night I Prayed Through