East Madison Music Publishing Co.
Dean released his SOLO DEBUT, ten-song CD of traditional style country music on June 1st of 2003.
This new CD is titled DEAN HOLMEN: TRUE TO LIFE, in which Dean also wrote all ten songs.This CD has produced a top ten hit for Dean as well. "Dear Hank" went to number three for Dean in August of 2003 in Europe. Produced by Larry Marrs of Marrs Recording and Bobby G. Rice of Midland Productions in Nashville TN. If you enjoy country music in a traditional style then we know you would like you to have a copy of DEAN'S debut CD.
- Dean Holmen Started playing guitar and drums in 1969 at the age 10.
- Started first Band in 1972, Black Diamond (50s-60s) music.
- Wrote first song in 1973 - Diamond on the run and What is your name Also in 1973 started new Band, Shantraz (50s-60s) and started playing Country music. In 1974 started playing local dance jobs through out Wisconsin.
- Joined the US ARMY in 1977. Dean played with Lee & Country Drifters in Clarksville TN. Sent over to Germany in 1978 started playing with the Army Recreational Band. Dean was on special duty assignment to play at NCO and O clubs all over Germany. In late 1979 he was sent back to Clarksville TN. He started playing with Country Stardust band. Played the nightclub circuit all over TN.
- In late 1981 left the Army and moved back to Wisconsin. Started the Quick Trigger Band in 1982. Played all over Wisconsin in local nightclubs. Left Quick Trigger Band in 1984 to join the Silver Wings Band. Played and Recorded first record in 1985 with Silver Wings Band. Where they won the state title of best band in Central Wisconsin
- His job took him away a lot and left the Silver Wings Band in 1989. Started playing with Classic Country Band in 1990 until he started his own band in 1993 Iron Horse Band. Iron Horse released one more CD and played together until 1996. Dean then joined Caddy And Company Band in late 1996. They have been playing all over the mid west. Caddy & Company Band has released four CDs Country at it's best, Your # 1 Request's, Doing it Our Way, and Wanted. All CDs have done very well for us at a local level.
- All this time since 1973 Dean has been writing and performing his new look on a traditional style of Country music.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Rodeo Has Got My Heart
2. Dear Hank
3. He'll Choose to Lose Again
4. Little Cheatin Woman
6. The Way Things Have Been
7. My Two Steppin Honky Tonk Queen
8. Simple Country Girl
9. Drinkin Jack Daniels
10. Well of Loneliness