Ms. Christian was on the California Arts Council Touring Roster for the 1992-93 and 1993-94 seasons. She records for Classical West Records, recently released her latest recording, the Goldberg Variations of Bach. For the 2004-2005 season, Ms. Christian is performing and recording the extremely difficult complete Iberia by Isaac Albeniz.
In 1995 she was commissioned to record the complete piano works of San Francisco composer, Gordon Getty. Her all-Ravel CD which was released in 1994, has received critical acclaim. To quote from The Audio Adventure: "Sally Christian brings the work of Maurice Ravel to brilliant life...the way Ravel might have played it himself."
Ms. Christian received her Master's Degree in Arts from California State University in Fresno studying with Philip Lorenz as the recipient of the Amparo Iturbi Scholarship in piano. She also studied at Stanford University, and privately with Claudio Arrau. She resides in San Rafael with her husband, Dr. Ron Friedman, and enjoys a private piano practice.
1. Jeaux d'eau
2. Sonatine: Modere
3. Sonatine: Mouvement de menuet
4. Sonatine: Anime
5. Gaspard de la nuit: Ondine
6. Gaspard de la nuit: Le Gibet
7. Gaspard de la nuit: Scarbo
8. Le Tombeau de Couperin: I-Prelude
9. Le Tombeau de Couperin: II-Fugue
10. Le Tombeau de Couperin: III-Forlane
11. Le Tombeau de Couperin: IV-Rigaudon
12. Le Tombeau de Couperin: V-Menuet
13. Le Tombeau de Couperin: V I-Toccata