- In his early teens Tino Ruiz played the mandolin for the band "The Boy Scouts".
- During his years in Holland as a student, he played the mandolin for the popular vocal group "Coro Canta Antiyas". This group was based in Tilburg, The Netherlands and was very much in demand.
- In the days that Aruba was still part of the Netherlands Antilles, Tino was awarded the prize for best mandolin player in the first and once-only Mandolin Festival of the Netherlands Antilles.
- After selecting among numerous mandolin players around the world, the Internationally renowned music magazine FRETS published a detailed portrait of Tino Ruiz.
- The Portland Mandophonic Orchestra in Oregon, U.S.A. hosted Tino as a guest player; this participation culminated in a gala presentation after intensive rehearsals and busy workshops.
- With mandolin and keyboard Tino represented Aruba to promote Aruba's tourism in Latin America, the U.S.A., Europe and Japan.
- Besides performing frequently, he is a well-requested artist for special occasions.
- Tino also collaborated with various artists in shows and recordings.
- His albums Fiesta Arubiano (Aruban Celebration) and Aruba Sucursal Di Cielo (Aruba Subsidiary Of Heaven) remain among the best sold and most requested albums.
- In his new album The Most Precious Gift, Tino excellently presents various themes in a wide variety of rhythms to satisfy all tastes. The rhythms vary from ballads to rock music and from classical music to mambo. Indeed, this precious gift will touch everyone's heart.
Check out the artist's website:
1. The Most Precious Gift
2. It's mambo time!
3. Sweet meditation
4. Pay love with love
5. Strauss' medley
6. Aruba one happy island
7. Only love
8. This mandolin is alive!
9. Somewhere my love (from the motion picture Dr. Zhivago)
10. My lovely black lady
11. That's what friends are for
12. LIVE! The last theme, the last applause