Paul Simpson, whose remix of Marvin Gayeâ€™s "Lets Get It On" Slate Magazine considered better than the original, has used the original multi-track tapes to provide new takes on such hits as, "Yes, Iâ€™m Ready" by Barbara Mason; "I Likes To Do It" by the Peopleâ€™s Choice; and "Love is All Right" and "The Horse" by Cliff Nobles. Tom Moulton adds his magic touch to "Waitin for the Rain" and "Yes, I'm Ready."
The album also celebrates the great session musicians of Philadelphia - Ronnie Baker on bass, Norman Harris on guitar and Earl Young on drums, the musicians who became MFSB and the backbone of the Philadelphia sound of the 1970s.
Tom Moulton has remixed the original multi-track tapes for most Jamie/Guyden releases on CD of oldies by Brenda and the Tabulations, Duane Eddy, the Ethics, Soul Brothers Six, the David and the Kit Kats, among other artists who recorded for the Jamie/Guyden labels, which include Arctic, Phil-LA of Soul, Top & Bottom, and Frantic.
The CD booklet includes complete discography of Phil-LA of Soul and Arctic Records.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Yes, I'm Ready-Barbara Mason-Handance Mix
2. I Likes To Do It-The People's Choice-Extended Mix
3. Waitin' for the Rain-Fantastic Johnny C -A Tom Moulton Mix
4. Love Is All Right-Cliff Nobles
5. The Horse-Cliff Nobles
6. I Likes To Do It-The People's Choice-Regroomatt Mix
7. You've Got To Have Rhythm-John Ellison-Vinyl Mix
8. Yes, I'm Ready-Barbara Mason-part II A Tom Moulton Mix
9. I Likes To Dance-The People's Choice medley
10. Yes, I'm Ready-Barbara Mason-LynSam Reggae Mix