The Producer of Excess Baggage, Fergus Rougier, explains more about this journey abroad:
"To make the concept sound attractive, we had to base it somewhere exotic without being too exclusive. Asia offered enough diversity in type of holiday - adventure, beach etc., to fit the bill. By concentrating on general holiday themes, such as getting around or going off the beaten trail, we hoped that the listeners that hadn't traveled to Asia could still relate to the material.
We then used the audio diaries and experiences of 20 people who had traveled around Asia as the basis of the narrative - structured to as constitute a hypothetical trip from flight out to flight home. This narrative was then put to music, the variety of which we think helps to express the different experiences and emotions being accounted. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to leave all your baggage at home and go off on holiday when you wanted? In some small way, we hope that Excess Baggage helps to do this."
Check out the artist's website:
1. Taking Off - Too Much Coffee
2. Getting Around - the Inevitability of Delays
3. Chilling Out - Beach Life
4. Exploration - Kumbh Mela Festival
5. Adult Entertainment - Ko San Road to Patpong
6. Moving On - People Watching
7. Between Borders - Motocycling Odyssey
8. Water Sports - Dive Boat
9. Turning Point - Ho Chi Min Trail
10. Home Straight - Gambling in Hong Kong
11. Journey's End - Reflection