The Adagio Trio, consisting of harp, flute, and cello, performs a mixture of classical, religious, and folk music. The unique combination of instruments provides a fitting compliment for meditation or relaxation. The trio provides the listener with an opportunity to experience a sense of tranquility and spiritual renewal through reflective selections. The selections on their CDs are primarily well-known pieces such as Pachelbel's Canon, Danny Boy, Ave Maria, Shenandoah, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, and Simple Gifts.
The trio has been praised throughout the local media. Raymond Jones of the Virginia Daily Press calls Stillpoint "an enchanting disc not to be missed." JoAnn Falletta, Virginia Symphony and Buffalo Philharmonic music director, says the CDs are " a treasure of lyricism and tranquility." Tom Robotham of Portfolio Weekly calls the CDs "terrific, from start to finish." Janelle Gelfand of the Cincinnati Enquirer says that the trio performs these "sparkling arrangements with precision and attractive expression."
Check out the artist's website:
1. They Shall Soar Like Eagles 'Â“ L. Manzo
2. Bransle de la Torche 'Â“M. Praetorius
3. Scarborough Fair - Medieval Folk
4. Adagio from Concerto in C minor 'Â“J.S. Bach
5. The Nightingale 'Â“D. Henson-Conant
6. Ash Grove - Welsh
7. We Will Rise Again 'Â“ D.Haas
8. Sleepers Awake 'Â“ J.S.Bach
9. There is a Fountain - Traditional American, arr.
10. How Can I Keep From Singing?
11. Panis Angelicus 'Â“ C. Franck
12. Heart's Delight 'Â“ L. Grieser
13. . Irish Medley - Star of the County Down/Eleanor Plunkett/The Bu
14. . Ana Dodi 'Â“C. Davidson
15. Brian Boru's March - Traditional Irish
16. Amazing Grace
17. Dona Nobis Pacem - Traditional