"A vivid soundscape. One of the most rewarding and personal Scottish music recordings heard in a long time."
ROCK'N REEL, U.K.
"Bonnie's playing is exemplary throughout, with exhilaration and desolate beauty in equal measure."
Inspired by the Celtic circles of ancient Scotland, Bonnie paints a musical picture through time, joining the heavens and earth to the cycles of everyday life. Performed on Scottish fiddle with gold medal piper Eric Rigler on the Great Highland bagpipe, Scottish smallpipes and uilleann pipes. Eric did all the Bagpipe music on Braveheart and Titantic! Also accompanied by guitar, Celtic harp, viola da gamba, hammered dulcimer, bass and bodhran. Includes: North Highland tunes from The Patrick McDonald Collection, 1784, pipe marches, strathspeys, jigs and reels, laments and traditional favorites: Flo'ers o' The Forest, Gillie Calum and Prince Charlie's Farewell to Scotland.Praised by the Washington Post who says:"Time passes swiftly here, but also soulfully, elegantly and intelligently as Rideout's instrumental flair and emotional sensitivity on both fiddle and viola are consistently enhanced by her impressive scholarship. In exploring and celebrating her Scottish heritage, she unearths and unites a marvelous collection of ancient airs, reels, strathspeys and tales, adds a couple of her own tradition-steeped pieces, then arranges them all with a rare combination of thematic logic and orchestral grace."
Check out the artist's website:
1. Three North Highland Tunes [Medley]
2. Pipe Major William Wilson
3. Mary Do It Again/Cross Roads/Jig in a
4. Lament on the Death of Sor Blanca Maria
5. MacDonald Lord of the Isles/Romance or Song Air
6. Gillie Callum/Highland Rant/Ryan's Rant
7. Air to Which Ossian Is Recited
8. Boat Hoisted the Sails/My Love Is Gone to Sea
9. Bog on Lochan/Drowsy/Maggie/Sleepy Maggie
10. Mother's Lament/Aisling
11. Flo'Ers O' the Forest
12. Yell Yell
13. Prince Charlie's Farewell to Scotland/Winyadepla