In addition to their strong dedication to Gaelic music, language, and culture, as well as authentic traditional and Early Music performance practices, Distant Oaks is also actively engaged in composing new music in older styles. In the spirit of fine music-making and respect for tradition, Distant Oaks continues to bring a brilliant panoply of music to their audiences.
Distant Oaks has had the pleasure of performing and recording with such fine traditional musicians as Jerry O'Sullivan, Liz Carroll, Patrick Ball, Shay Black, and Paul Kotapish (Open House), as well as such Early Music luminaries as David Douglass (The King's Noyse, The Newberry Consort), Julie Jeffrey (Sex Chordae of Viols), Cheryl Ann Fulton (Ensemble Alcatraz), Shira Kammen (Ensemble Alcatraz, Fortune's Wheel), and Peter Maund (Ensemble Alcatraz, Skyedance).
"I could go on mentioning my favourites until I had mentioned every item on the CD! What I really want to say is I was completely enchanted by the latest creation of this very talented group who, on this occasion, were accompanied by some of the finest musicians in this field. 'A rare treat' as we say in Scotland." -Colin Mark, Author of "The Gaelic-English Dictionary" and "Gaelic Verbs"
"It's here, and it's glorious! The booklet alone is worth the price. Ceud mÃ¬le taing! (A hundred thousand thanks!)" -Diane de Avalle-Arce
Check out the artist's website:
1. Beannachadh BrÃ thain
2. Maighdeannan an t-Samhraidh
3. HÃ³ Hoiligean, HÃ³ M' Aighean/NÃ³ra ChrÃonna
4. FÃ©ith Mhoire
5. Sorchar nan Reul
6. An DÃ¡ Bhuachaill
7. Beannachadh Bliadhna Ãƒr/Tune for Hamish
8. Danns' nam Ban/BhrÃ¬de! BhrÃ¬de!
9. Patrick's Point/The Twisted Knot
10. Red-Roan Steed/Latha a' PhÃ²saidh
11. CrÃ²nan Cuallaich
12. Tobar gach GrÃ is/An Drochaid ChliÃ¹iteach
13. RÃl Liz/An t-Seabhag
14. Blarney Pilgrim/LÃ rach Alasdair
15. A Ghealach Ãƒr/Yellow Cow/The Woods of Bothell
16. BrÃ¬de Ban-Chobhair
17. Taigh a' Chroiteir
18. RÃ¬gh nan Reul/Heire Bannag, Hoire Bannag
19. Soisgeul ChrÃ¬osd/Rann Romh Ãƒrnuigh/Scottish Suite
20. Fhuair Mi PÃ²g a LÃ imh an RÃ¬gh/Dia Liom a Laighe
21. Beannachadh BrÃ thain (reprise)