Gal Shahar, Michal Shahar and Eitan Hoffer come from a classical and baroque musical background and are all talented multi-instrumentalists.
Recorded with Riverdance's own Abe Doron on Bodhran and other creative Percussion.
The four of them together with new ideas and arrangements take this music form to another level.
Irish music has had a big influence in Israeli culture in the last 5 years, Evergreen has been part of that process. In this album two original Irish songs in Hebrew are included: "Riding Towards Life" and "The Mountain Song"
Travel through the green pastures of Ireland and the Galilee with traditional and modern arrangements.
2002 saw the release of Evergreen's first dynamic CD, `Riding Towards Life'. Digitally mastered in SDL Studios, one of the country's foremost sound studios, it is one of the few independently produced albums accepted for distribution by both Tower Records, Israel and MCI, one of the nation's largest independent distributors.
With twelve tracks running over 55 minutes, this debut album displays the band's versatility and instrumental virtuosity.
Expect to hear a wide range of instruments like: fiddle, flute, tin whistle, viola, guitar, lute, harpsichord, bodhran, bones, spoons, bongos, timbales, piano and singing.
Great radio and newspaper reviews. Recommended!
Check out the artist's website:
1. The Poor Scholar, Devils Dream, Saint Ann's Reel
2. The Little Fairy
3. Riding Towards Lifes Ã£Ã¤Ã¸ Ã Ã¬ Ã§Ã©Ã©Ãª
4. Morning Dew, Cooley's reel, Drowsy Maggie
5. In Between the Sounds Ã¡Ã©Ã¯ Ã¤Ã¶Ã¬Ã©Ã¬Ã©Ã
6. The Miller's Maggot, Whelan's jig
8. The Mountain Song Ã¹Ã©Ã¸ Ã¤Ã¤Ã¸
9. Tripping Up the Stairs, The Dog's tail, Sweet Biddy Dally
10. King of the Fairies, Gene O'Donnell, Over the Ocean
11. Morning Star, Kelly's Reel, Roscommon Reel
12. Forgiveness Ã¤Ã±Ã¬Ã©Ã§Ã¤