We're a five-piece band who have been playing together for almost seven years. We play mostly traditional Irish music, but we can't help being a little colored by our backgrounds in R&B, Rock, Blues, and Jazz.
Over the past few years Jay had written a couple of tunes and a few songs. We've been playing them live, and we decided it was finally time to release a CD. Three of the songs on the album are original, the rest are very old traditional tunes, our own arrangements.
Lots of people have asked us about how we came up with the title. Jay had written a wonderful Sea chanty, about a fishing crew who stayed out fishing too long. We decided to make it the title track as it has multiple meanings. Since Donegal itself is on the West coast of Ireland, we figured where we live, is actually West of Donegal too. :)
The tunes on the album are entirely made using fiddles, flute, guitar, bodhran, bouzouki, whistle, and of course, voice. No animals were harmed in the making of this CD....er...well there was that one goat....
We hope you enjoy the CD, please drop by our website and let us know! www.gaelictribe.com
Check out the artist's website:
1. Tam Lin (Reel)
2. Morrison's Jig / Drummond Castle (Air) / Blarney Pilgrim Jig
3. Soldier (song)
4. After the Battle of Aughrim (March) / Red-Haired Boy (Reel)
5. Atholl Highlanders / Rose in the Heather (Jigs)
6. Meagher's Brigade (Song)
7. Carolan's Draught (Air) / Farewell to Ireland (Reel)
8. Tabhair Dom Do LÃ¡mh (Ã“ CathÃ¡in) / White, Orange, and Green (S
9. West of Donegal (Song)
10. Lady Anne Montgomery / Wild Irishman (Reels)