Their music is traditional - heritage US, Celtic, and Florida Folk - and bonds with your soul.
Heart Strings has entertained the public for over 20 years at private parties, concerts, festivals, and cultural events. A versatile duo, Marg Chauvin normally plays lead on lever harp while Bill Messer provides rhythm on guitar. They are a favorite at folk festivals in Florida, including the Florida Folk Festival, Barberville Pioneer Days, and the Will McLean Festival. From January through March they are in demand at Celtic festival and Scottish games throughout Florida.
Their popularity at Celtic festivals may be attributed to their love of the music and Marg's consistent 1st place finishes in Scottish Harp Competitions. Among her many credits are Master Scottish Harper, music camp harp teacher, composer, arranger, and song writer. In 2004 Marg's composition "Singer of Songs" (Over There CD) won at the Florida Harp Competition.
Florida Folk has an entirely different focus and is the specialty of Bill including writing several Florida songs. Complementing his music talents, Bill has directed folk festivals and provided sound for many touring professionals. Understanding the delivery of sound has greatly influenced his guitar and vocal styles.
Praise for the "Traditions" CD
The following are only a small sample of the many unsolicited comments we hear about the CD. It is a rare week when someone doesn't contact us with a compliment.
It is a pleasure to have people call, email, and stop you on the street to say "Thank you!"
* Your recording is in the CD player by my bed. Many nights I go to sleep with your lovely music. Margaret Longhill, Director of the Will Mclean Festival, Florida.
* We listened to your wonderful CD to and from Everglades City. It was perfect for a beautiful drive. In the past three days, I must have played it 15 times. Valerie Wisecracker (singer/songwriter) Miami, FL
* Very pretty! Such a nice choice of tunes-some of my favorites-Shenandoah, Amazing Grace Lee Hunter/Arvid Smith of Tamerlin, touring and recording artists from Jacksonville, FL
* Sure do love your CD, It's excellent, Julianne, singer, Palm Beach, FL
* I must have played the CD six times the day I got it. And I play it every day since. Sandi, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
* On the answer machine: "Wow, I heard your CD on the radio, it is beautiful. I must have a copy. Where can I get a copy?" Jose, Miami, FL
* In an email: "I've been listening to the cuts on the web site and can't wait for my copy to arrive." Pat, Jacksonville, FL
* "I have both CDs and love them. I even use them when giving massages." Dianne, massage therapist, Lantana, FL
* "We play the CD in the Operating Room." Sandy, OR nurse, Ft. Myers, FL
* "It is wonderful to play while watching the sun drop below the horizon over the water." Dick, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Check out the artist's website:
1. Fanny Power/Planxty Irwin
2. Cat's Play
3. Dance of the Florida Sandhill Crane
4. Foggy Dew
5. Boda/Tom Bigbee
6. Roslyn Castle/Scullay's Reel/Tamlin
8. Music O'Spey/Amazing Grace
9. Planxty Brabazon/John Brown's March
10. Saltwater Waltz
11. Cape Clear/Wizard's Walk
12. Shenandoah/Three Sea Captains