They deeply value the friendships and cultural connections that have sprung from their home and now reach around the world, and feel fortunate to have been welcomed at manys the musical hearth.
So here's a bit of our own music - welcome to the hearth!
Bev has developed a bit of a cult following in recognition of her tasteful and lively renderings of some of the great oulde tunes from the west of Ireland, and her stylish accompaniment to Dan's singing is superb. She is recognized as one of the leading trad box players in America's heartland.
Over several decades, Dan has crafted his own unique style, reflecting a love and respect for his family's heritage along with a fervor to keep the party going. Dan is a rare singer. He might deliver a classic pub favorite in one breath - in the next he'll sing a song in an older style. He has successfully worked with some of the greatest Irish Trad players of his generation.
Daughter Kathryn grew up in a household filled with balladry and tunes. Katie is a fine young horsewoman, and a dedicated undergraduate at the University of Evansville. She contributes a couple of lovely song selections on this CD.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Johnny Todd - Song - 2:36
2. Song for Ireland - Song - 4:52
3. Some Sligo Tunes - Jigs - 4:25
4. Morning Glory - Song - 3:46
5. Peggy Gordon - Ballad - 4:40
6. Iniscealtra/Town Teine/Ormond Sound - Reels - 3:53
7. Down By The Liffeyside - Song - 3:14
8. Down By The Sally Gardens - Song - 3:23
9. Nancy Whiskey - Song - 3:08
10. The Midway Coaltrain/The Collooney Teapot - Marches - 4:36
11. Runnin' Like A River - Song - 5:12
12. Three Session Jigs - 3:19
13. Little Musgrave - Ballad - 9:18
14. Sean South - Song - 3:28