What is M.U.S.E.?
M.U.S.E. is an abbreviation for Musicians United to Sustain the Environment. We are a rapidly growing non-profit environmental organization using music to raise money for North American wilderness and wildlife conservation efforts. The name also means "the Spirit that Inspires".
Music and the Wild places provide the Inspiring Spirit for the people of M.U.S.E. Starting from humble beginnings through a partnership between Walkin' Jim Stoltz and Craig Wagner, the seed concept has quickly taken root and grown to include musicians and supporters from all over the world.
Many of the MUSE musicians are regularly criss-crossing the country meeting people at schools, community centers, and concert halls, singing songs or performing music inspired by the urge to preserve our natural heritage.
MUSE Conservation Projects
Listening carefully to the input from our supporters and musicians, the MUSE Board of Directors selects only the most pragmatic conservation efforts for our funding. We evaluate many existing conservation projects and donate to just a handful where we believe our pinpoint funding can yield tangible results. We are particularly interested in efforts to protect endangered or threatened species, preserve existing wilderness habitats, and efforts which raise environmental awareness and motivation. For a list of the projects we have supported please check out our website at www.musemusic.org.
To find out how you can sponsor a concert, purchase our cd's, contribute your talent, or make a tax-deductible donation, please contact us at:
PO Box 671
South Lyon, MI. 48178
E-mail us at email@example.com
Check out our website and join our alert list and contest at www.musemusic.org
Visit the Rachel Carson Council website at http://members.aol.com/rccouncil/ourpage/
We invite you to join with us in music and environmental conservation. Working creatively with musicians, environmental groups, and with you, we hope to keep the MUSE * the "Inspiring Spirit" * alive, well, and making a continuous positive impact on our environment.
Check out the artist's website:
1. My Dirty Stream ---- Pete Seeger
2. Song for Rachel ---- Walkin' Jim Stoltz
3. Where Will We Go? ---- Steve Schuch
4. Go To The Water ---- Kat Eggleston
5. Queen Invicta ---- Bill Oliver
6. Ballad of the Osprey ---- Tom Vincent
7. Back Bay ---- Betty and the Baby Boomers
8. Hallowed Be Thy Ground ---- Casey Neill
9. Salmon River ---- Dean Stevens
10. Roll to the River ---- Cindy Kallet
11. When It's Gone, It's Gone ---- Tom Paxton
12. Rachel ---- Magpie
13. Something in the Rain ---- Tish Hinojosa
14. Herring Croon ---- Gordon Bok
15. Silent Spring ---- Emma's Revolution
16. Horizons ---- Bob Zentz
17. Gentle Warrior ---- Josh White Jr.
18. The Voice of Rachel Carson