A hit at Regina's 'Taste of Regina - Flatlands Music Series' (They have also performed at Wascana Park, Regina, & Creekside Oldtime Festival - Qu'Appelle) They are based in Regina, Saskatchewan - Canada and perform a prairie gumbo mixture of old blues, ragtime and Oldtime music with a Dixieland energy ... they're not scared of throwing Gospel or Bluegrass into the mix either.
Special Limited Saskatchewan Centennial EP now available! Contains a reworking of the 1928 Ragtime novelty hit 'My Heart's in Saskatchewan'
"Compared to many songs written about this part of the world, Modderman's tunes are refreshingly upbeat, choosing to celebrate the past rather than bemoan the present." Emmet Matheson - Regina Leader Post Review (May 15, 2004)
"Don's Ragtime band live performances are authentic and entertaining...they add a unique style"... Owen Jardine (Live sound, Creekside Festival, and recording producer)
Introducing the Ghost Town Gang:
* Don Modderman is the main singer and songwriter of the group. He plays piano, flute, cornet, tenor banjo, accordion and baritone ukulele. He combines his love of history and old music into new, used, borrowed and blue songs.
* Rick McBain is a singer, drummer extraordinaire. He and Don
have been working together since 1890ïŠ
* Mike Krywulak is the man with the golden ears. He plays jazz violin as well as guitar.
* Brian Herman plays a mean upright bass. He also plays in the Regina Mandolin Orchestra and other groups, when he's not tending to his organic farm.
* Yvonne Redant is on funky trombone and rhythm guitar. Yvonne teaches high school music as well as leading community orchestras.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Ghost Town Trail
2. Western Range
3. Threshing Crew
4. Saskatchewan Waltz
5. Bienfait/16 Tons
6. Lady With The Ragtime Walk
7. Anything's Possible
8. River Street Inn
9. Whoop-Up Trail (Old time Waltz)
10. Telling It To the Daisies