Their first album, BETWEEN MARCH AND APRIL, a collection of English songs and dances of the Middle Ages, was released in October of 1997.
Their second album, released in June of 1998, is ROBIN LOVES ME: THE LEGEND OF ROBIN AND MARION, a collection of French trouvÃ¨re songs and motets surrounding the popular figures of the shepherd Robin and his sweetheart Marion, as well as English songs and ballads of Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
In June of 1998, at the Berkeley Early Music Festival Fringe, they performed a revival of Adam de la Halle's Le Gieus de Robin et Marion.
In the fall of 1998 they performed Ancient Music of the British Isles, a panorama of English music from 1100 to 1600, and in June of 1999 they performed The Hollow Crown: English Monarchs from Henry II to Elizabeth I.
At the June 2000 Berkeley Early Music Festival Fringe, they will be performing Songs of False Love and True, a program of love songs dating from 1200 to 1600.
A new CD now in the works is ONE DAY AS I WENT RIDING, an album of French troubadour and trouvÃ¨re songs as well as French secular polyphony, both vocal and instrumental.
The Consort's work has been honored on more than one occasion. In the fall of 1998, the Sherwood Consort was awarded a three-year grant by the California Arts Council to fund their performances. The Arts Council also invited them to perform at their 1999 Conference.
In January of 2000, Just Plain Folks, an online organization of independent musicians, nominated ROBIN LOVES ME for a Best Music Award in the Classical/Opera/Renaissance category.
The Sherwood Consort is available for concerts and festivals.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Robin m'aime
2. Marion and the Knight
3. Robin and Marion's Love Duet
4. Robin, par l'ame ten pere
5. J'ai encore un tel pastÃ©
6. Donne moy
7. Et je ferai
8. Les un pin verdoiant
9. Prenes l'arbre
10. Lai de la Pastourelle
11. L'autre jour-Hier matinet-Ite missa est
12. Par un matinet-HÃ©, bergiers!-Eius
13. Volez-vous que je vous chant
14. Il n'a en toi-Robins, li malvais-Omnes
15. Robin, d'amour vous demant
16. Mout me fu griÃ¨s-Robins m'aime-Portare
17. Bele AÃ«lis-Haro, haro!-Flos filius eius
18. Hui main par un ajournant
19. ChanÃ§on legere a entendre
20. La bele estoile-La bele en cui-Iohanne
21. Alone, I live alone
22. Robene sat on a gude grene hill
23. A Robyn, gentil Robyn
24. When the nightingale sings
25. Now Robin lend to me thy bow
26. Robin is to the greenwood gone
27. Robin Hood and Maid Marian