Karl takes a multi-instrumental approach to this music, playing the guitar, octave mandolin, button accordion, pennywhistle, jaw harp, and bodhran (the Irish frame drum).
Peter's musical vision stems from his fascination with the Appalachian mountain dulcimer, and its distant cousin--also a member of the zither family of string instruments--the hammered dulcimer.
Collectively they have played traditional Irish, American and other roots music for 5 decades, several years of this with each other, and many more performing and jamming with talented musicians from the San Francisco Bay Area and elsewhere.
"When we sit down and play, we often experience a playful, interwoven cross-cultural musical tapestry which brings us closer to Celtic musical ingenuity, Appalachian self-sufficiency, and California's musical eclecticism. We hope you, too, find something herein to enjoy!"
"Hi guys. I just wanted to tell you how much I like "Along Celtic Lines". I've been doing a long, complicated art project all year, and I love having your CD playing in the background. Nice work!" -Margaret Davis of Avalon Rising
Check out the artist's website:
1. Captain O'Kane / La Bruja
2. Banks of Allen / Scattery Island
3. Poppy Leaf / King of the Fairies
4. Rock the Cradle Joe / Lucy
5. Carolan's Draught
6. Great High Wind / Cooley's
7. My Darling Asleep / Cliffs of Moher
8. Sword Dance Set
9. Carolan's Receipt
11. An Comhra Donn / Byrnes' Hornpipe
12. Tamlin / Breton Andro
13. Little Rabbit / Sandy Boys
14. La Marianne / Les Moutons
15. Julia Delaney / Earl's Chair / Trip to Durrow
16. March of the Kings of Laois
17. Lilting Banshee / The Orphan